HAVE A SEAT ON OUR FRONT PORCH

Sunday, January 12, 2014

It's Party Time!!




Welcome to our 1st Annual Block Party!  So glad you could join us!  You may want to grab coffee, tea, diet Coke whatever your beverage of choice is and get comfy.  We have a long post of wonderful prizes and DT inspiration for you!  

Before we get this party started let's take care of our regular routine.  As usual the challenge is ANYTHING GOES and the optional theme this week is PARTY/CELEBRATE.


Winner Challenge #53  
Please grab your Winner's Badge

Top 3
(in no particular order)
Congratulations, Ladies!  Please grab your badge!


Now before your weekly DT inspiration we want to showcase our other Block Party Sponsors!   These generous sponsors have donated products for you to win.  Please visit their shops because without  their generosity we wouldn't be able to offer you such awesome prizes!


http://thecuttingcafe.typepad.com/the_cutting_cafe/


 Our SVG artist Melissa used Funny Car and Little Red Wagon Box Sets
Melissa is offering a secret blog candy on her personal blog
M. Miranda's Creations
click the link above to go and enter!

Carol of Happy Expressions
using funny car SVG


STAMPS ALIVE!

Through The Craft Room Door Magazine




Flourish With A Bling

 Really Reasonable Ribbon
BLOGAVERSARY GIVEAWAY AT  RRR!  CLICK HERE!

Treasured Times
 $10.00 Gift Certificate. Block Party Drawing  
Treasured Times Rubber Stamps & Scrapbooking is a online retail store offering clear & deep etch red rubber stamps & scrapbooking supplies.   I work with several different designers from around the world, turning their designs into stamps for paper crafting.

some DT members had the pleasure of making some samples using Vectoria Designs
Amy of All Things Beautiful 

Julia of Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia
JO ANN of J. Atterbury Creations 
sourcream containers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sponsors and inspiration for this weeks challenge

Winner receives 3 images

Our Wonderful Guest Designer using ADFD
CaroleAnn of CG's Cards 4U
Hello, I am a full time working wife, mother and grandmother. Aside from my family and friends, my most passionate addiction is card making and collecting any and all embellishments and bling products to make them sparkle! I love sharing comments with one another - even if it is nothing more than a Hi! Thanks for stepping into my little part of the blog world. 



using Cow Dress
using Puppies in a Box
using Mermaid in a Jar
www.heather-ellis.co.uk/
 Winner receives 2 images
Hello you talented crafters!  My name is Heather Ellis and I live in Birmingham in the UK with my husband and two children.  I am a writer and illustrator and I come from a very creative family. I have always drawn ever since I can remember. I love creating cute characters and children are my inspiration and hope it shows in my work.  I hope you all enjoy using my characters in your card and scrapbook making. I always enjoy looking at all of your creations when you create with my images and I am always amazed at YOUR talents.   Enjoy creating,  Love Heather Ellis X

Meet our newest Designer
Hi, I'm Sara.  I'm a 30-something wife, stepmother of five, nana of ten, and great-nana of one.  I also have two fur babies of the doggy persuasion and three of the kitty.  I was born in Guam when my dad served there with the US Navy, but wound up being raised a third of the world away in a very landlocked - and very small - Idaho town. 
Despite dabbling over the years with different forms of art and crafting, it's only been in the last few years that I've
really discovered my creative streak.  While I adore the look of soft and shabby styles, I feel like my own style is a bit simpler, and changes depending on my muse.  I love to create and alter a variety of things, but have a soft spot in my heart for my cards because I know how much that little bit of thought, effort, and personalization means to the recipient.  I feel truly fortunate to be joining the neighborhood here,  and look forward to getting to know more crafty people!
balloon/bird cropped from the party mouse image

Winner receives 3 images
My name is Lee Holland and I am a freelance illustrator who loves to design and draw cute characters. I've worked in many industries over the years including greeting cards, card making, cross stitch and books to name a few. I love nature and going for walks with my family which provides a lot of inspiration for my work. I recently opened an etsy shop to sell my designs as Digi stamps for crafters to use in their crafting projects. I hope people enjoy using my images as much as I do drawing them :)

using boy with present - 8x8 framed scrapbook page

using girl with balloon

 Kathi of My Creative Therapy 
using girl with balloon

26 comments:

  1. wow congratulations to the winners and what gorgeous cards and projects design team has made.
    And fantastic prizes.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to all winners -thank you for another challenge - have a great week - and Kudos to the DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats winners and great work DT as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FAB job you did Kathi and Chana! Congrats on your blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stopped by from Jo Ann's blog and was lucky enough to be the 500th follower (Google)!! Love your blog and love the inspiration this week. Such beautiful designs.
    --Heather G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, if all of that fabulous inspiration doesn't get your mojo working overtime, you're in trouble! Fabulous cards and projects...so much to see. Thank you 613!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a gorgeous display of cards! Such beautiful designs. Good job everyone!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winner and top 3 - beautiful! I can't help but be excited by your block party and all your fabulous sponsors - woohoo! Your display of cards/projects is outstanding! I will definitely be back to play along! Thank you for the fun block party! Wishing you CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on your first year and what amazing prizes. Ladies of the dt you have made some amazing cards
    caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yippy ! I am so Happy to see my entry as winner Thanks a lot for selecting it ! It is a long post but I thoroughly enjoyed the projects by Team members ...Inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
  11. ••·¨*:·HAPPY Blogaversary *¨·••
    ღ˚ •。* ♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。*˛˚
    just sprinkling a little celebration on your blog.thanks to the Team for sharing your creative project and inspires. I wish you and your loved ones a happy New Year.may 2014 be a year filled with lots of amazing memories
    health & happiness to you and your loved ones.Have a marvelous day.take care of yourself and stay warm.
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•sending hugs across the miles
    snowbird

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to the winners.
    A BIG THANK YOU to the generous sponsors.
    Thanks for sharing your wonderfully creative projects everyone.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my goodness..........SUCH AMAZING STUFF...you all rock....thank for allowing the cafe to sponsor your site....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the facebook feature - don't use facebook myself but I'm honoured that you chose to feature my card. Great challenge, fab prizes and super DT makes. Well done, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Blogday! Thanks for another great challenge and for the DT inspirations x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! the inspiration here is mind boggling! Fabulous work by all! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun is this?! :o) What a wonderful party, filled with an abundance of inspiration! Thank you for sharing your talent each week and thank you for another marvelous challenge! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fabulous inspiration!! Hope to play along before the party is over!!!
    Hugs
    darcy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the fantastic challenge!! Love all the great DT inspiration!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to all the winners! Gorgeous work from the DT for inspiration! Thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for picking my card! It is such an honor!

    (I thought my comment was posted on Sunday when I saw the blog entry! Hopefully this comment shows up!)

    Thanks again! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Came back with a party card and to see more of the fab entries. Cheers! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty cards. Thank you for the challenge. I'm so glad to be back. I got hacked. Not fun. This challenge is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. We're so excited to be a part of this party and to sponsor your event. Thank you for working with us!

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! Keep them coming!
Kathi, Chana and The Resident Designers