HAVE A SEAT ON OUR FRONT PORCH

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Challenge #35 - Anything Goes w/optional Twist: Spotlighting Technique

Hi, Crafty Peeps!  This week we welcome two new sponsors.


    Di's Digis and Sandi's Samples.   
Neither of these sponsors provide images for the Design Team, so Kathi is using this week to highlight a nice design technique called Spotlighting.  I am sure most of you are familiar with this technique, but maybe some of you have not yet tried it.  I had not, so it was a fun project for me.   We expect to be bowled over by your fabulous Anything Goes Projects, but we do hope that some of you will let us see some cards and/or layouts employing the Spotlighting Technique.   Also, Thanks for 138 fabulous entries last week!  Hugz, Chana

If you are not familiar with this technique, CLICK HERE for the SCS Tutorial.

CHALLENGE #34 RESULTS

WINNER - PAPER SHELTER

#124 - COOPS
Fabulous Composition, Color Integration, and a Clear Design Point of View.  Beautifully Executed.

WINNER - SHELLY'S IMAGES
#15 - SUZETTE
Excellent Coloring, Fabulous Color Integration, Marvelous Textures!
Perfectly Composed and Executed!

Congratulations to our Winners.  Please e-mail us at: 613avenuewin@hotmail.com
Don't forget to grab your badge!
~~~~~~~~~~
OUR TOP THREE
(in no particular order)
# 131 - CARLA
Beautiful and Cohesive Project. The Color Integration Elevates This Wonderful Design!
#103-NIKI 1
AMAZING!
"As I was waiting for the new WT challenge I made another card with a lot of beads...
Don't throw damaged or old Cd's away.  Here is an other way to give them a second life.
First I pierced a pattern in the paper behind the CD .Then I weaved my thread trough the holes

to the middle of the CD, attaching some beads on every thread.   To decorate the corners I used a corner punch which is also a corner chomper.The sentiment says congratulations and is made with the alphabet die from Sizzix :"Skittle Dee Do".

#64 - SANJA GRDINIC

There was absolutely no way to choose between these two stunners!
Both designs are cohesive, perfectly composed and beautifully executed!

CONGRATULATIONS, LADIES, THANKS SO MUCH!  PLEASE GRAB YOUR BADGES!

HONORABLE MENTION
(in no particular order)
(Please click on their link to view the projects!)

#69 - CHRIS C. - A Scrapper's Musings
#54 - KIM YU - Kimbee's Creations
#33 SHERYL HARE - Cat Crazy Craft Corner
#75 - Gail L. - Lacey Lassy
#128 - Lucy Patrick - Lucy Loves Scraping
CONGRATULATIONS! PLEASE GRAB YOUR BADGES!
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR BRINGING YOUR TALENT TO OUR NEIGHBORHOOD!
Kathi, Chana, and The Team!
~~~~~~~~~
Here are some Spotlighting examples from Design Team A

NANACONNIE
Using A Sandi's Sample Image
Inspiration for Anything Goes

Using A Sandi's Sample Image (Butterfly)
Inspiration for Anything Goes
(this is a repost of a project created for The Outlawz Creative Freebies)

RACHEL TAYLOR 
SPOTLIGHT TECHNIQUE 


CAROL GILL
SPOTLIGHT TECHNIQUE
using "Little Girls Story Time"-LOTV

EDIE
SPOTLIGHT TECHNIQUE

Spotlight Technique
using Di's Digi's- Goin Nowhere 

JO ANN
Spotlight Challenge
Artistic Impressions "Girlfriends" - Pedal Push


SPOTLIGHTING TECHNIQUE

CHANA
SPOTLIGHTING TECHNIQUE
Using The Stampendous - Asperula Stamp


13 comments:

  1. All the projects are great!!
    Thank you for the fun challenge. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats winners and great work by the DT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow thank so much for choosing my card as a winner ladies.
    stunning DT cards again this week too :D
    I will email you now.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you so much for choosing my card as one of your honorable mentions (and displaying my card!) I love your blog and challenges, love how we have the option to do a certain theme or we can opt for anything goes. Love the DT creations, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wrote my comment above then checked my latest comments and saw such lovely words from you Chana, you have made my day (and it's only 11am here in Oz lol)!! I hope you have a wonderful day, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for picking my card as one of your Honorable Mentions! I am so honored and it made my weekend! Hugs, Gail L aka Lacey Lassy

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards from the design team.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. Thank you for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely creations by the Design Team, thanks for the chance to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to be playing along with you all again. Love the challenges.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab work by the DT and love the twist. Hope I can get to it before the challenge closes. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I just wnted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I
    ended up loing many months of hard work due to no back up.
    Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

    my web page; http://poisoncentral.net/monster-warlord-Hack/

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! Keep them coming!
Kathi, Chana and The Resident Designers